Planning to have a weeknight dinner, you should consider the following Chinese cooking recipes. They are easy to make and will be the stopping point of your searching of Chinese home cooking recipes.
Mouthwatering Chinese Cooking Recipes to Try
Shiitake-and-Scallion Lo Mein
This Asian street food can be a great option of Chinese cooking recipes. What make it special are the banana leaves that are used to wrap the foods.
- Wide lo mein noodles (1 pound)
- Halved snow peas diagonally (1/4 pound)
- Soy sauce (1/4 cup)
- Mini (1/4 cup)
- Toasted sesame oil (2 tsp)
- Canola oil (3 tbsp)
- Shiitake mushrooms (1 pound). Stems discarded. Caps thinly sliced.
- Cut scallion (6) into 1 inch length
- Minced fresh ginger (1 tbsp)
- Water (2 tbsp)
- Chopped cilantro (2 tbsp)
How to make this Chinese Cooking Recipes sample:
- Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling water with salt. Add snow peas 2 minutes before the cooking ends. Drain the combination of noodles and snow peas. Rinse under the cold water. Mix soy sauce with sesame oil and mirin in a small bowl.
- In a large and deep skillet, heat 2 tbsp canola oil until shimmering. Add and cook the shiitake with medium high heat for about 5 minutes. Add the remaining canola oil, ginger and scallions. Stir fry them about 3 minutes. Add water. Cook over medium heat about 1 minute. Add noodles & snow peas and soy sauce mixture to the skillet. Cook and toss about 2 minutes. Add cilantro. Transfer them to banana leaf and serve.
Easy Chinese Cooking Recipes: Hot-and-Sour Soup
This one of Chinese cooking recipes is easy to make. There are some traditional ingredients included.
- Lily buds, dried (12)
- Ear fungus, dried (1/2 ounce)
- Chicken broth (1 quart)
- White vinegar (2 tbsp) for seasoning
- Soy sauce, choose medium dark (2 tbsp) for seasoning
- Kosher salt (1/2 tsp)
- Egg (2 large size)
- Bamboo shoots, shredded (1/2 cup)
- cooked chicken, ham or pork, shredded (1/2 cup)
- Spiced dry tofu, shredded (3 ½ ounces)
- White pepper, finely ground (1 ½ tsp)
- Sesame oil (1 tbsp)
- Cilantro and scallions, chopped
Cooking Instructions for these Chinese cooking recipes:
- Put lily buds in boiling water and cover in a small bowl; let it free for 10 minutes. Cut off and remove the tips. Do the same with tree fungus in another small bowl. Let it free about 20-30 minutes. Then rinse and chop coarsely.
- Heat the broth to boil in a large saucepan. Add salt, vinegar and soy sauce. Whisk cornstarch with about 3 tbsp water in a bowl and add mixture to boiling broth. Stir constantly. Cook and simmer about 3 minutes.
- Beat eggs along with salt. Boil the shop with full boil. Pour the eggs. Wait for about 5 seconds and turn off heat. Stir the pot.
- Add lily buds, fungus, chicken, bamboo shoots, white pepper and tofu. Over medium heat, simmer around 2 minutes. Add season with salt, vinegar and soy sauce.
- Divide soup into 4 bowls. Finish by drizzling with the sesame oil. Garnish with cilantro and scallion.
The other recommendation of Chinese cooking recipes is this wonton. It is one example of Chinese cooking recipes for beginners to try.
- Rinsed baby spinach (2 cups)
- Soy sauce (1 tbsp + 1 ½ tsp)
- Asian sesame oil (1 tsp)
- Dry sherry (1 tsp)
- Salt (1/4 tsp)
- Sugar (1/4 tsp)
- Freshly ground white pepper (a pinch)
- Ground pork (1/4 pound)
- Minced scallion (1 small size)
- Minced fresh ginger (3/4 tsp)
- Thin wonton wrapper (30)
- Chile oil (2 tbsp)
- Peanut oil (2 tbsp)
- Minced garlic clove (1 small size)
- Chopped cilantro (2 tbsp)
How to make these Chinese cooking recipes:
- Cook spinach and stir in a skillet. When it is wilted, transfer to a colander. Squeeze dry. Chop the spinach finely.
- Combine 1 ½ tsp soy sauce, sherry, sesame oil, sugar, salt and white pepper in a bowl. Mix in the scallion, spinach, ginger and pork. Chill for about 10 minutes.
- Dust cornstarch to a baking sheet. Arrange 4 wonton wrappers. Brush the edge with water. Spoon 1 tsp filling in the center. Fold diagonally the wrappers. Seal. Press to seal. Transfer them to baking sheet and cover.
- Simmer wonton in a saucepan of boiling water over medium heat while stirring occasionally. Drain the wontons well.
- Combine the remaining sauce with peanut oil, chili oil and garlic in a bowl. Add the wontons. Toss. Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.