Vegetarian refers to person who does not eat meat. Indeed, but the definition is not as simple as that. At least, there are three types of vegetarian diets, i.e. lacto ovo vegetarians, lacto vegetarians and vegans. Lacto means milk and ovo means eggs. Each diet is with some special rules of what to eat and what should not eat. Before reading the easy vegetarian recipes, you should firstly understand the rules.
Lacto ovo vegetarians refer to those who do not eat meat, seafood, fish and poultry, but they still eat milk, yogurt, cheese and eggs. Then, lacto vegetarians do not consume meat, seafood, fish, poultry and eggs, but consume milk products. Next, vegans refer to total vegetarians that mean they only eat plant foods. They avoid any foods coming from animals, including gelatin, honey, eggs and milk products. Therefore, the easy vegetarian recipes must follow those terms of vegetarians’ contract.
Some Examples of Quick Vegetarian Recipes
Sweet Potato & Chickpea Curry
- Chickpeas (1 can)
- Sweet potatoes (2-3)
- Mushrooms (4-5)
- Curry sauce (1 ajar)
- Begin the easy vegetarian recipes by cooking the rice.
- Meanwhile, chop the sweet potatoes and boil them.
- Set a pan in medium heat and add chickpeas.
- Chop the mushrooms and fry them in a pan. Set the pan over low heat.
- Remove the chickpeas and add to the pan with the mushrooms.
- Remove the boiled potatoes and also add to the pan.
- Pour the curry sauce on it and simmer for about 10-20 minutes.
This vegetarian food is ready to serve. The easy vegetarian recipes are to make two portions of vegetarian food.
Vegan Lentil Chilli
- Red letils (200g or 1 cup)
- Kidney beans (1 can)
- Chopped tomatoes (1 can)
- Squirt of tomato puree
- Onion (1 medium size)
- Garlic clove (1 large size)
- Cumin (1 tsp)
- Cinnamon or mixed spices (1 tsp)
- Hot chili powder (2 tsp or based on your taste)
- Olive oil
- Bell pepper green (1)
- Working with the easy vegetarian recipes, you should start with chopping onion and garlic. Then, fry them with olive oil until golden.
- Add cinnamon and cumin. Coat the garlic and onion. If you want to add pepper, then add it.
- Add the lentils and cook for about 2 minutes. Stir them occasionally to mix the onions and spices.
- Add chopped tomatoes, beans, chili powder and puree.
- Stir them all. To cover the lentils, add enough boiling water. put lid and cook them for about 30 minutes.
- It is ready to serve.
The easy vegetarian recipes can be easy vegetarian dinner recipes. You can serve them anyway you prefer. However, serving the vegan lentil chili is good to be with boiled rice, avocado and chopped cilantro or coriander. You can also serve it with corn on the cob, burritos, potato wedges and so on based on your appetite.
Creamy Avocado Pesto Pasta
- Fresh basil leaves (1 big handful)
- Lemon zest and juice (1)
- Pinenuts (1 small handful)
- Avocados (2 large size)
- Olive oil (1 tbsp)
- Garlic clove (1)
- Grated parmesan (1 small handful)
- Salt and pepper
- Cherry tomatoes (based on your appetite)
- Pasta shape
- The first step to start working with the easy vegetarian recipes is mixing some ingredients, including basil, garlic, avocado, parmesan, salt, pepper, olive oil, lemon juice and pinenuts. You can either use food processor or mix them manually.
- Heat water and add the pasta or spaghetti.
- Prepare a saucepan and heat it. With no oil, add small handful of pinenuts and toast them for about 1 minute. Then, remove it.
- With the pan, add oil to fry tomatoes.
- Drain spaghetti and stir through the avocado pesto. Finish it with the topping of tomatoes and toasted parmesan and pinenuts.
Looking for some ideas of easy healthy vegetarian recipes, those three great recipes can be your choices. Whether to have them for lunch or dinner, they will not disturb your vegetarian diets. Easy vegetarian recipes are healthy and will also make you health. The more pleasing is that all of those recipes are for tasty foods.