Christmas is coming and you will need to prepare all the stuffs to celebrate it. You may start with the Christmas home decoration and finish with the Christmas dinner recipes. It is the best moment in every year when family can gather around and have a dinner together after so long time being busy of what each of family members does the whole days. Because the moment is special, the menu should be also special. Here we have some ideas of elegant recipes from appetizers to desserts.
Easy Christmas Dinner Recipes from Appetizers to Desserts
For the Christmas dinner recipes appetizers, caramelized onion tarts with apples must be perfect. What you need is:
- olive oil (2 tbsp)
- sliced medium onions (2)
- cut red applies into small pieces (2)
- black pepper and kosher salt
- thawed frozen puff pastry (2 sheets)
- sour cream or crème fraiche (1/2 cup).
After you prepare these ingredients, then follow these directions for the Christmas dinner recipes.
- Firstly heat the oven (400º F) and heat the oil. Add onions. Cook and stir them around 12-15 minutes. Stir in apples, ½ tbsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Cook them around 2 minutes until tender.
- Put the pastry sheets on a parchment lined baking sheets. Prick them with a fork. Pour the crème fraiche and top with onion mixture. Finally, bake them around 30-35 minutes until crisp and browned. Before serving, cut them into some pieces.
To complete the Christmas dinner recipes, you must also need the desserts. We have a tasty cherry trifle. Different from other desserts with some layered custard and cake, this cherry trifle is like an English trifle. Here are the Christmas dinner dessert recipes of the cherry trifle:
- Pitted fresh cherries (4 cups)
- Brandy (1/3 cup)
- Cream cheese (8 ounces)
- Heavy cream (2 cups)
- Confectioners’ sugar (1/2 cup)
- Ladyfingers (12)
- Toasted slided almonds (1/2 cup)
- Grated dark chocolate (1/2 cup)
- Start the Christmas dinner recipes by combining the brandy and cherries in a saucepan. Cook until you find soft cherries, but they still keep their shape for around 7 minutes. Then move it to room temperature to cool it down.
- Beat cream cheese with mixer until your find smooth texture. Add sugar and heavy cream and then mix them. Form firm peaks by whipping the mixture.
- Prepare a 1.5 quart bowl and put 6 ladyfingers in the bottom part of the bowl. Add the cherries and their juices, almonds (1/4 cup), chocolate (1/4 cup) and the cream mixture (half). If you still have remaining ingredients, continue to layer them. Finally, refrigerate them for about 3 hours and they are ready to serve.
You may also need the Christmas dinner recipes of the sides. There are several sides that you may serve, but one of the simplest yet elegant sides is salad with frisee, bacon and goat cheese. The Christmas dinner salad recipes are explained below.
- Pine nuts or walnuts (1/3 cup)
- Sliced bacon (1/3 pound)
- Olive oil (1/3 cup)
- Dijon mustard (1 heaping tbsp)
- Lemon juice (1 tbsp)
- Sugar (1 tsp)
- Kosher salt (1/4 tsp)
- Freshly ground pepper (1/8 tsp)
- Frisee or chicory (1 pound)
- Crumbled goat cheese (3 ounces)
- Prepare a skillet and set a low heat. Toast nuts in the skillet and stir frequently for about 5 minutes until golden. Remove them from the skillet.
- Cut the bacon into pieces and add them to the skillet. Increase the heat into medium until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove the cut bacon from the skillet. Drain them on paper towels.
- Add oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt, pepper and sugar into a bowl and whisk them. Cut frisee into small pieces and set the pieces in a serving bowl. Place bacon, nuts and goat cheese and finish the Christmas dinner recipes with dressing for more interesting look.
Those are several easy examples of Christmas dinner recipes. They include appetizer, dessert, and side. These items will complete your main dinner menu that can be a roast turkey, ham, roast beef, hens, and so on. Then, prepare the table centerpiece to create a stunning decoration. Invite your family to come to your home and begin the party.