Like the other countries, Germany has lots of tasty foods you should try. If you cannot visit that country to taste their foods, you can try making German foods at home. To help you make the German foods at home, you’ll definitely need our German food recipes here. We have some simple German food recipes. One of them we’d like to share today is the Rindergulasch or the Germany styled beef goulash. We need to spend at least two hours and five minutes (fifteen minutes for the preparation and 90 minutes for cooking) to get this German food ready.
Rindergulasch for Easy German Food Recipes
The list of ingredients for Rindergulasch German food recipes below is for four servings of Rindergulasch. If you want extra portions for the Rindergulasch you can just double the ingredients below.
- 1 lb of onion (dice it)
- 3 cloves of fresh garlic (peel them and chop them finely)
- ¼ lb of thick bacon (chop it finely)
- 2 1/8 lbs of beef shoulder (cut them into chunks in bite size and then trim the fat)
- 2 tablespoons of butter or lard or bacon grease
- 2 teaspoons of Hungarian paprika that’s sweet
- 3 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 5 1/8 cups of beef broth
- 1 lemon (zest it and then grate it finely)
- 2 bell pepper (one red and one green, cut it into chunks in bite size)
- 1 bunch of fresh marjoram (stem it and chop it finely)
- Salt and black pepper in order to taste the Rindergulasch German food recipes
- Also the spaetzle noodles or egg noodles that are fresh cooked (to complement the serving of this Rindergulasch
Let us guide you to make the best Rindergulasch ever through the instructions of German food recipes below.
Methods to Make the Rindergulasch German Food Recipes for Kids:
- Prepare a big stewpot and then use it to heat your butter or your lard or your bacon grease. Make sure it is melted perfectly.
- And then add the chunks of beef only in small portions to the stewpot. Brown the entire sides of beef chunks but don’t cook your beef chunks until they’re cooked. Once the entire beef chunks turn brown, remove them to covered dish then set aside.
- Add the onion, garlic, and bacon to the same stewpot and then sauté them for few minutes or until they turn brown and wilt (usually take five to ten minutes).
- Next step of Rindergulasch German food recipes is returning your beef chunks to the stewpot and then sprinkle them with the paprika.
- Now whisk in your tomato paste and keep whisking until it is blended. Then stir it whole time.
- Add some broth (just a bit) and then boil it while stirring it.
- Repeat the step above, add more broth and then boil it.
- And then add the final broth with lemon zest to the stewpot.
- Set the heat to low and then cover the stewpot and stew for around eighty minutes.
- Now, you only have last five minutes to finish the RIndergulasch German food recipes. Use this time to add your diced peppers also the marjoram.
- Then check the flavor now. Add more pepper and salt if you think the taste is not good enough.
- Let us serve this tasty Rindergulasch now. Prepare the plates and then add the hot and buttered spartzle or egg noodles to the plates. Then place a ladle of the stewed beef over the noodles.
Paprikas or bell peppers are an essential part for the Rindergulasch German food recipes. If you want softer paprika, there are two things you can choose to do. First, enter the paprika sooner or second, cook the paprika longer. But make sure you don’t cook the paprika too long or its color and texture will be horrible.
Since the Rindergulasch German food recipes are the best for dinner, you can involve your children to prepare this dish together. With more hands you will need less time to make the Rindergulasch German food. Besides, you can teach your kids while spending quality time with them before the dinner.