Are you planning to cook lamb food? Wow, what a nice idea! Maybe some of you think that cooking lamb is hard and it will spend so much time like cooking lamb stew recipes or roast lamb recipes. Well, actually it is not that too hard and long. One of Lamb Recipes that are easy to make is Mediterranean Lamb Burgers.
Lamb Recipes: Mediterranean Lamb Burgers
Who doesn’t love burgers? What about lamb burgers? These burgers are full of flavor and juicy. Even, if you are person who does not like lamb, you’ll pretty enjoy this lamb burger. What is the good news? You can make the recipes in double servings, and freeze half of them in order to be served in the wax paper to be eaten later on. It is also fine to place it on a grill frozen. What about the ingredients and the directions? They’re pretty easy! Good news, it only needs 45 minutes in total.
- ½ pound of ground beef
- 1 pound of ground lamb
- 1 tsp of minced fresh ginger root
- 3 tsp of chopped and fresh mint
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- 1 container or more or less 16 ounces of container Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ lemon and it is zested
- 1 clove of garlic that is minced
- 4 slices of green tomato
- 1 large and sweet onion. You need to cut it into ½ inch of slices
- 8 ounces or 1 package of feta cheese and sliced
- 4 ciabatta sandwich rolls. Slice them horizontally
- 8 baby arugula leaves
- The first step of making one of these Lamb Recipes burger is preheat the outdoor grill in medium high heat.
- Then, oil the grate lightly.
- The next step of making burger Lamb Recipes is mix the ground beef, the ground lamb, 1 tsp of salt, 1 tsp of garlic, ginger, pepper, and mint in one large bowl. Combine them until they’re combined well.
- Evenly divide to four portions and then shape them to large patties. Set them aside.
- The next step is mixing lemon zest, Greek yogurt, ½ teaspoon of salt and 1 clove of garlic in a bowl. Cover them and then refrigerate them,
- After that, cook the beef patties and the lamb patties in the preheated grill till burgers are well cooked to your doneness’ desired degree. It is more or less 3 to 4 minutes each side for well and very well done.
- The next step to make this easy burger Lamb Recipes is placing the slices of green tomatoes and onions in the grill.
- Cook them till it is charred lightly. It is only about one minute in each side.
- Then, spread yogurt sauce. Spread it over the sliced ciabatta rolls.
- Then, assemble each of the burgers by placing patty on the rolls.
- Divide the feta cheese slices on the top of the patties.
- You can top it with one slice of grilled onion, grilled tomatoes and leaves, about 2 leaves, of arugula followed by top half of the roll.
Lamb Barley Soup
Another recommended recipe among Lamb recipes easy is Lamb barley soup. If you love soup, this hearty soup is very good to enjoy in winter season days. Vegetables and lamb are cooked in beefy broth with some chewy barley. If you love, you can improve Lamb Recipes by adding more vegetables. This one of Lamb Recipes only needs 20 minutes for preparation and 1 hour to cook.
- ½ large of onion and chop it
- 1 pound of ground lamb
- 2 cups of water
- 28 ounces or 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can or more or less 10.75 ounces of condensed tomato soup
- 3 cans of beef consommé or 10.5 ounces
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped ones
- 4 carrots, medium ones and chopped ones
- ½ cup of barley
- ½ tsp of ground black pepper
- ½ tsp of chili powder
How to Make It:
- The first thing to make Lamb Recipes soup is heating one large skillet over the medium high heat.
- Stir in the onion and the ground lamb.
- The next step of making Lamb Recipes soup is cooking and stirring them until the lamb is browned evenly and until the onions become translucent.
- After that, drain and then discard excess grease.
- After that, stir in tomatoes and their water, tomato soup, water and consommé.
- The next step of this is adding carrots, barley and celery.
- Season them by using pepper and chili powder.
- The last step is simmering it over the medium heat for more or less 45 minutes only.