Passover dishes are very delicious. For Westerners, Passover food can be the food that can indulge your tongue. If you do not know yet, Passover is the commemoration of exodus of Israelites coming from Egypt. It is usually celebrated in April and many chefs have Passover Recipes and they are served in those days with Seder dinner that is held in the first two nights.
Passover Recipes Variants
Spicy Baked Zucchini Sticks
- 5 small zucchini
- 2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 3 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
How to make this one of easy Passover recipes is just simple. You do not have to spend much time in the kitchen and think about how difficult this Passover Recipes. The steps are just easy to follow.
- First, you need to preheat the oven until 400 degrees.
- Then, line a cookie or baking sheet with parchment paper. And then, set it aside.
- The next step is cutting the zucchini in a half down of the center into 4 to 6 wedges in order to create sticks.
- Then, toss the zucchini wedges with spices and oil till they are evenly coated.
- The next step of making Passover Recipes is to place them on one single layer in the prepared baking sheet.
- The last step is baking it at 400 degrees. It is for more or less 35-40 minutes. But you have to stir it in every 10 or 15 minutes.
Cheesy Stuffed Mini Peppers
Other simple Passover dishes are Cheesy Stuffed Mini Peppers. This one of Passover Recipes is enjoyable for the ones who love cheese very much. The ingredients are simple, and the ways to make it is easy to follow, too.
- ½ cup of parmesan Cheese
- 1 15 oz of container ricotta. If you cannot find it, you can change it to reduced fat cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp of oregano
- ¼ tsp of basil
- 1 bag of sweet mini peppers
- 1 8 oz of bag shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar of marinara sauce
- 1 10 oz of box frozen chopped spinach. Make sure it is thawed and squeezed in order to remove the water
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pepper and salt to taste
- The first thing to make this Healthy Passover recipe is to preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- The next step to make easy Passover Recipes is mix cheeses, spices, ½ of spinach and egg in a bowl.
- Then, pour a half of marinara sauce to a pan, 9×13 pan.
- After that, dot with remaining spinach.
- The next step of making these Passover Recipes is cut the tops off mini peppers.
- Remove the seeds and the veins.
- Fill it with cheese mixture.
- Place in pan in the top of marinara sauce.
- Pour the remaining ½ jar of the sauce over the peppers.
- Sprinkle it with mozzarella.
- Then, the next step of making this delicious Passover Recipes is to bake it and cover it for around 30 minutes. Or, until the peppers begin to be soft.
- Uncover it then rebake it for another 10 minutes. Bake it until the cheese turns to brown and crisped round the edges.
You can have some variations in this recipe. For example, for traditional or conventional stuffed shells, you can use large shell pasta on a place of mini peppers.
- 1 tsp of butter, olive oil or margarine.
- 3 to 4 small of potatoes per person.
- Coarse salt to taste
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 to 2 T fresh herb like garlic, cumin, thyme, fennel, powder, rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash the potatoes, but do not peel them.
- Put them in pot of salted water. Bring them to boil under it is tender.
- Drain immediately. Lay the potatoes out in baking sheet.
- Use the back of fork, or potato masher to smash the potatoes.
- After that, brush the potatoes’ tops with oil or margarine or butter.
- Sprinkle it with the herbs that you choose, coarse salt, and freshly ground pepper.
- The last step of making this Passover Recipes is baking the potatoes for around 30 minutes until it is golden and crisp.