Among many ideas and confusion when you are about to cook something is whether you want to go with the quick or the healthy recipes which fortunately you can actually go for quick healthy recipes. It may sound impossible since foods that are quick to be prepared will commonly be far from healthy. Yet if you are good enough in looking for the recipes, there are many healthy and quick recipes to incorporate. Thus you can actually get the meals ready in no time without having to worry about the health related issues of those meals. One more thing that you need to understand is that you can actually choose the preferred main ingredients to use in your cooking even if the idea is both healthy and also quick at the same time in term of the meals itself.
Quick Healthy Recipes of Braised Balsamic Chicken
One particular option that you can incorporate if you are looking for a quick and healthy recipe is the one called Braised Balsamic Chicken in which the main ingredient is of course chicken. If you are okay with this recipe then you should prepare these following ingredients at first before start cooking:
- 6 boneless and skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- ½ cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- ½ tsp dried thyme
All of those ingredients for this chicken variation of quick healthy recipes are easy to find so you do not need to worry about being unable to find them. This particular recipe will take up to 10 minutes for the preparation stage and 25 additional minutes for the cooking time so that you will be able to get the meal done in total of 35 minutes. It is definitely appropriate to be called as a quick chicken meal recipe, right?
In getting this Braised Balsamic Chicken as one of quick healthy recipes you should do this instruction:
- Start by seasoning both sides of the chicken with the combination of pepper and salt.
- Next thing to do is to heat olive oil in a skillet using only medium heat in which you will then cook the previously seasoned chicken until it is browned. You will need at least 3 minutes for each side of the chicken to get the perfect result.
- Right after that you can add onion and get it browned as well in 3 minutes of time as the chicken did.
- Next thing to do is to pour diced tomatoes along with balsamic vinegar into the chicken while at the same time adding oregano, basil, thyme, and rosemary as the additional seasoning.
- Cook until the chicken is no longer pink and that the juices run clear in about 15 minutes. Check the temperature of the center in which it should be at least 165 degrees F for this one of quick healthy recipes to be perfect.
Italian Quick Recipe of Chicken Saltimbocca
There is one more chicken variation for quick healthy recipes known as Chicken Saltimbocca which could be fast recipe but classy at the same time inspired by Italian ideas. This recipe will be able to be done in just 20 minutes of time so that it can be considered as a quick recipe for sure. These are the needed ingredients to prepare:
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 2 thin slices of prosciutto
- 2-4 fresh sage leaves
- 1½ tsp of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ dry Marsala
Quick healthy recipes cooking instruction:
- Put the chicken in between plastic wrap and then bash it by using a rolling pin until it has ¼ inch of thickness.
- Season it using pepper and then wrap a slice of prosciutto around each part of the chicken itself and place the sage leaves on top then dust it using flour.
- Heat butter and also oil in a large skillet using medium heat to cook the chicken until its pink look is no longer there. The juice comes out of the chicken should not be pink anymore.
- Move it into a warm platter and cover it using foil.
- Add marsala to the pan and cook it in high heat until it is reduced and also thickened so that it will be ready as the sauce for this chicken variation of quick healthy recipes.