Sometimes, simple dinner recipes for kids are difficult to find. As a parent, we may find a moment when we can’t easily make a decision of what we will serve for dinner. Perhaps, we don’t have enough time to prepare the foods so that buying fast food is preferable. Health is a must to consider aspect for kids’ dishes. Avoid giving them junk foods even they love them. Of course, the best thing to do is cooking some simple dinner recipes.
Tips in Selecting Simple Dinner Recipes for Kids
There are several tips that you need to consider in selecting the right recipe out of some simple dinner recipes. You can simply give vibrant and crunchy twist to your current recipes. You can simply reinvent some traditional recipes and complete them with new toppings and some colorful ingredients to make the kids interested. Simple healthy dinner recipes should not be boring. Update your ideas with some new garbs, flavors and wraps.
Yes, you should keep in mind the nutrients that you need to include in your simple dinner recipes for children. The foods must be palatable, of course, and because they are cooked for the kids, they should be attractive in look. Colors and forms are two important aspects for the kids. The more interesting color and form of the food is the more eagerly kids will eat. In relation to the good nutrients for kids, you should support them with the appropriate intake of carbohydrates, protein, vitamins and fiber. It is also better to avoid adding too much sugar, salt, flavoring and cooking oil.
Examples of Simple Dinner Recipes
One example of simple dinner recipes is baby broccoli. You will need some equipment, including skillet, skillet cover, ladle, and serving plate.
- Chicken or vegetable broth (1 cup)
- Snipped fresh dill (1 tbsp)
- Finely shredded lemon peel (2 tbsp)
- Olive oil (1 tsp)
- Kosher salt (1/8 tsp)
- Chorused red pepper (1/8 tsp)
- Ground black pepper (1/8 tsp)
- Baby broccoli (1 pound)
- Margarine or butter (2 tbsp)
- Sliced lemon or halves
Following these directions, you can complete one of suggested simple dinner recipes in 30 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet. Add and heat olive oil.
- Add some ingredients, such as dill, black pepper, red pepper, kosher salt, and lemon peel. Cook and wait until crackle.
- Add chicken or vegetable broth. Boil the broth with the mixture.
- Reduce the heat. Cover the skillet and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add margarine or butter and baby broccoli.
- Set a medium heat, cover the skillet and cook it for about 6 to 8 minutes until tender.
- Drain and move the broccoli to serving plate.
- Add fresh lemon halves for the finishing garnish.
Chicken Chop Suey
Some appliance required in cooking and serving this one of tasty simple dinner recipes is pan, boiling pot and serving bowl.
- Uncooked and cut chicken breast (1 pound)
- Sliced celery (1/2 cup)
- Sliced green pepper (1)
- Oil (1 tbsp)
- Sliced mushroom (1/2 cup)
- Vegetable bouillon (3 cubes)
- Diced tomato (1)
- Unsweetened pineapple juice (1/2 cup)
- Sliced green onion (1/4 cup)
- Soy sauce (2 tbsp)
- Chinese pea pods (1 ½ cup)
- Ginger (1/2 tsp)
- Water chestnuts (1 can)
- Horseradish (1/2 tsp)
- Bean sprouts (3 cups)
- Fried noodles
The directions of this one of best simple dinner recipes are simple enough and take 30 minutes.
- Begin to work with this one of recommended easy dinner recipes by heating a pan. Add oil and heat it.
- Add and fry the chicken until golden brown.
- In another pan, dissolve vegetable bouillon cubes in the pineapple juice. Heat it and mix with some ingredients, including green pepper, ginger, horseradish, soya sauce and celery.
- In the first pan, combine some other ingredients, such as Chinese pea pods, tomatoes, water chestnuts and green onions and mix them with the chicken. Cook and stir for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the sauce over the chicken. The final thing to do of this one of interesting simple dinner recipes is serving it with crispy fried noodles.