College students tend to look for food which is cheap, big in portion, but still delicious. Yes, sometimes it can be bought in some food stalls, but, some students are just to worry about the ingredients and how to make it. It might happen, the food is delicious, but the ways it’s made is not healthy. Below are some simple, easy and Cheap Recipes for college students that you can try. It is easy recipes that you can make it in less than 30 minutes. It is affordable recipes as the ingredients will not spend your money. And these frugal recipes can be made only in less than 30 minutes.
Cheap Recipes for College Students for Breakfast
Breakfast is the time when college students do not want to spend much time in cooking. Early morning class, assignments, and laziness are things that come up in the morning. So, there is one simple, easy and cheap recipes for breakfast called Whole Wheat French Toast.
Whole Wheat French Toast
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of skim milk
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamons
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- ¼ tablespoon of butter and syrup. It is actually optional and for extra serving
- The first step of making these easy and cheap recipes for breakfast for college students is cracking the egg to a bowl. Then, add some milk.
- Add vanilla extract and or the cinnamon. It is optional.
- Then, you need to mix bowl with fork until the yoke is dissolved completely and the mixture is in light yellow color.
- The next step of Easy and Cheap Recipes for breakfast for college students is spraying a skillet using cooking spray.
- Add butter to skillet and spread it throughout. It is optional actually.
- Set burner to the medium heat.
- The next step of this Easy and Cheap Recipes for breakfast is dunking one slice of the bread to the mixture of the egg and then flip it. You cannot let the soak for more than few seconds so that it won’t get too damp.
- Place it to skillet.
- After more or less three minutes, check it to see whether the bread’s bottom is golden brown already. If it is so, then flip it and cook it for 3 minutes more.
- The last is to serve it with syrup or butter as you desire.
Banana and Peanut Butter with Toast
These Easy and Cheap Recipes for breakfast are very simple and easy indeed.
- 1 slice of wheat bread
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 tablespoon of peanut butter
- Toast 1 slice of the bread in toaster.
- Spread the butter on it
- Peel and then slice the banana into more or less ¼ inch slice.
- The last is eating the banana along with peanut butter. Simple, easy and cheap, isn’t it?
Homemade Chicken Nugget with Broccoli: Cheap Recipes for Dinner
Besides breakfast, another time for college students that can be problematic is night or evening. Often the pass dinner time and miss dinner because they are reluctant to buy some food outside. So, dinner cheap recipes for college students below might help you. It is called Homemade Chicken Nugget with Broccoli.
- 1 chicken’s breast
- 2 slices of wheat bread
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of broccoli
- Salt and pepper
- Step one of this Easy and Cheap Recipes for college student’s dinner is defrosting the chicken.
- Then, you need to preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- After that, cut the chicken to little pieces of your need like nuggets, tenders. Etc.
- The next step of this Easy and Cheap Recipes for dinner is whisking egg in the bowl.
- Toast the slices of the bread. Then, by using a bread knife and hands, cut them to breadcrumbs and crumple them as well in the breadcrumbs.
- Place all of the nuggets into a lightly and greased baking tray.
- The next step is to bake those nuggets for more or less 20 minutes. Otherwise, until it is cooked through.
- The last step is enjoying the broccoli in the side, in the instruction of per package.