South Indian recipes are special. The recipes have distinctive ingredients including the way how cooking them. But, you don’t need to be a pro to make the following South Indian recipes for dinner. Here, you will find 2 recipes that you can make in your home. All you need to do is just collecting the ingredients then follow the directions rightly. This must be fun.
South Indian Recipes with Veg Biryani
Veg Biryani is one of the South Indian recipes veggie. For vegetarians, this recipe is very good for your dinner or breakfast. It is really easy to make. This is one of the South Indian recipes that everyone can make. It takes 20 minutes for the preparation and cooking time takes 15 minutes. So, the food will be ready in 35 minutes. You don’t need to worry if you have short time. Learn carefully. At the first time, it may take more than 35 minutes but it is OK.
- 4 cups of water just about 1:2 measurement for the rice
- 2 spoons of salt, this is to taste
- 15 tbsp. of oil that you always use
- 1 string of curry leaves
- 1 cup of coriander leaves then chopped
- 2 spoons of chili powder
- 1 cup of potatoes that have been vertically chopped into some long pieces
- 1 small cup of fresh green peas
- 1 cup of carrots that have been vertically chopped into some long pieces
- 1 cup of beans that have been vertically chopped slit into pieces
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 onions
- 2 cups of basmati rice then soak it for 10 minutes
- 2 spoons of everest biryani masala powder
- First step to make South Indian recipes, keep soaked basmati rice for 10 minutes then drain the water
- Second, cut all those vegetables into some long slices. Then, onions are also cut in long slices while for the tomatoes are chopped
- Third, heat oil cooker pan or in kadai, then add the curry leaves as well as the onions. Fry them all until they are brown.
- Fourth, fry those tomatoes until they are soft
- Fifth, add all those vegetables, chili powder, rice, salt, everest masala, water. Then cover it or close the lid of the pressure cooker. Next, allow it for one whistle using medium heat and once it is done, then switch off.
- Sixth, after it is cooling down, then open the lid. Next, mix it once. Sprinkle the coriander leaves.
- The delicious biryani is ready to serve.
This is one of the South Indian recipes that you can make at home for your family dinner. You can serve this food with adding onion tomato raita or onion cucumber. As one of the South Indian dishes, you should not miss this recipe. Just learn the step by step process. Easy, it is good for you who are a beginner. Don’t worry if you fail as you can repeat the right process as above.
South Indian Recipes with Tomato Ricebath
This is one of the tasty South Indian recipes that will not eat your time. It means this recipe is easy, tasty and quick. Every one of you including for a beginner should not need to worry as the process to make this recipe is easy. This is one of the South Indian recipes that must be in your collection. It will take 35 minutes to serve this recipe. The preparation takes 15 minutes while cooking time takes 30 minutes.
Ingredients for serving 4;
- 1/4 cup of coriander leave
- salt to taste
- 2-3 tbsp. of oil
- 2-3 tbsp. of red chili powder
- 1 string of curry leaves
- 2 tsp of mustard seeds
- 1 small piece of ginger
- 2-3 green chilies
- 1 cup of green peas
- 4 onions in medium sized then cut them into long and thin pieces
- 8 tomatoes in medium sized
- 2 cups of rice
- First, pressure the cook rice then allow it to cool.
- Second, grind the green chilies, tomato and also ginger into the smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- Third, boil green peas then keep it aside.
- Fourth, add oil to a pan. Then, add the mustard seeds. Allow it to splutter. Next, add the curry leaves, salt and onion. Close the pan.
- Fifth, when the onion is getting golden brown as well as soft then add that smooth paste as well as the boiled green peas, little salt and chili powder. Allow it to boil and it will be a thick paste.
- Sixth, mix rice with the paste.
- Seventh, decorate it with coriander leaves
- It is ready to serve.
Those are two South Indian recipes that you can try for your next experiment. You can learn the process carefully. It may takes some couple times than the times that are displayed here. But, when you have been familiar with it, you don’t need to look at the recipe. It will be ready in moment.