If you live with your kids, you should spend enough time with them. There are so many things you can do with your children. You can play together, you can share your stories together, or you can teach them to cook healthy but yummy recipes. Magazines and internet share inspiring ideas about yummy but healthy foods for children. By making the tasty recipes together with your children, you will let your kids know how to prepare their own meal. Besides, you will spend quality time while teaching something useful to your kids.
We have several ideas about tasty and yummy recipes. But we won’t share all the recipes here. Today we would like to share an idea about making chicken noodles with carrot, peanut butter, and the cucumber ribbons. This menu needs thirty five minutes to complete. Per serving of this menu contains the 724 calories, 33 grams of fat, 7 grams of sat fat, 124 milligrams of cholesterol, 1,210 milligrams of sodium, 54 grams of protein, 56 grams of carbohydrate, 5 grams of sugar, 4 grams of fiber, and 49 milligrams of calcium.
Ingredients for the Easy Yummy Recipes for Kids
There are several ingredients you must prepare before you start cooking these yummy recipes for children. The ingredients needed to make the yummy chicken noodles with carrot, peanut butter, and the cucumber ribbons will be written below.
- 1 package of 8 ounce rice noodles or rice sticks that are thin
- 1 of 2 pound or 2½ pound rotisserie chicken
- 1 carrot
- 1 seedless cucumber
- ½ cup of peanut butter with creamy texture
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce in low sodium
Instructions to Make the Yummy Recipes for Kids
- Take a big bowl and then put the noodles for these yummy recipes inside the big bowl. And then cover the bowl and the noodles with the hot water. Soak your noodles until the noodles soft. Usually you need to wait at least twenty five to thirty five minutes.
- Then after twenty or thirty minutes, we need to drain the noodles in the big strainer or in a colander.
- While waiting for the noodles, we can take the other step of yummy recipes: shred the meat of the chicken. We also need to discard the bones and skin. Vegetable peeler is a nice tool that will make the long strips on the cucumber and carrot.
- Take your medium sized bowl and then use it to whisk together your peanut butter, 6 tablespoons of water, and soy sauce. Whisk them together until it becomes smooth. Divide the cucumber, carrot, chicken, and noodles into four different bowls.
Healthy Tips and Yummy Recipes for Dinner
Cooking yummy recipes is not enough to keep your children healthy. We need to get enough rest or sleep and do some exercises. It is harder and more difficult for parents to teach their kids to eat healthy foods. Mom and dad should not only eat healthy meals for lunch and dinner, they must get healthy foods for the breakfast. Breakfast is important for children. Make sure your kids get their breakfast even though the breakfast is online one glass of milk and banana. Breakfast will give enough energy for children and make them feel strong to do their activities.
Kids usually love snacks. Purchase or make only healthy snacks. Your kids are familiar to biscuits and chips. Those snacks have low nutrition but high calories. If you really want to provide enough snacks for your kids, consider making your own healthy snacks for kids. Get the yummy recipes of healthy snacks for kids from the magazines and from the internet. Your kids must also drink enough water. Make sweet drinks and juice only as the occasional treats.
Teach your kids and show them how to make the water before their drink after eating by preparing enough water and then drink the water by yourself after easting. Juice may contain the valuable nutrition from the nature that gives concentrated energy boost. Another great idea to teach your kids to life healthy besides practicing the yummy recipes is growing the herbs and vegetables behind our house. The garden will be the best location for you and your kids to learn about healthy foods.